Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wow, Its Been A Long Time Since I Wrote Anything!!!

I can't believe it has been 6 months since I posted something, but the past few months have been quite busy for me. I started a job after 4 1/2 years of not working and I have to tell you, I love it!

I am a Transport Manager/Dispatcher for a company that transports vehicles throughout the Southeast, parts of the Midwest and Texas. It ranks number two on my list of most stressful jobs. But then again, I do work best under pressure.

It amazes me how many people want their vehicles transported from point A to point B by the end of the same day it was picked up. I guess my drivers are thought of as super humans that don't require food, rest or bathroom breaks! Hang in there people, it takes 13 hours to drive from Georgia to Texas in your own personal car, stopping to load and/or unload a vehicle along the way will add additional time to the travel plans. Be patient please!

Ok enough about work, it is Sunday my only day off and I want to tell you about a few other important things that are going on here at Zooville...



My grandbaby Ashton is 9 months old now and I can't wait to see him. They are planning on coming out for a visit soon. He is absolutely adorable, you can see for yourself and follow him on his mommys blog. It is "Mommy and Me" and it is listed under "My Blogging Family" here on my blog.



Back in May we started house hunting, we figured it would be a good time to purchase and get a great deal at the same time. We did, we found the perfect home that we both fell in love with. It is a new construction model home with all the upgrades you could ever want. Four bedrooms, 3 and 1/2 baths, 3 car garage and two fireplaces.

The kitchen is to die for, I will finally be able to get all of my things out of the boxes in the garage. For once in my life, I will finally have enough room for it all to fit in the cabinets and drawers. This will be my very first brand new home and I can't wait until we close on it September 15th. It is gorgeous!!!

My step-son Ethan came for his summer visit in June and just went home last week, he is six years old now and quite the little man. The last week he was here daddy took his vacation and they kept themselves busy every single day. They went fishing, swimming, golfing and so many other things that I can't even remember it all. They truly enjoyed each other.

My inlaws stopped by for a brief visit on their way to Texas to see their first Great Grandbaby and took Ethan with them to deliver him back home. I would have loved to have been a fly travelling in that car with all of them.

There were six of them in this little Kia, travelling 13 plus hours with a six year old. Granny & Gramps were riding in the back with Ethan, while my brother in law and his wife Sarah were the driver and co-pliot. I can only imagine how exhaused they must have been by the time they arrived. At one point we called them to see how things were going and where they were, we asked Ethan if he was being a good boy and he said, "I am, but Granny Isn't" Apparently Granny was being a bad girl, she was messing with Uncle Scott while they were driving.

Don't worry, when they all get together it's kinda like having a daycare, you really can't tell who is the oldest in the group, because they all act like a bunch of kids. They are honestly a fun family to hang out with... lots of joking around, laughs and just plain ole fun. I have the best inlaws a girl could ever want!!!

Well I guess it is time to stop for now, it is Sunday, my only day off and I have housework and laundry calling me. I'll try not to take so long to write my next post. Bye for now!

No comments: