Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Reasons I Want To Stuff My Bird This Year...



And I don't mean a Turkey!




I'm talking about my African Grey bird "Ollie". He has been annoying me alot lately to say the least.


1. He won't stop talking and making unidentifiable sounds! Like passing gas maybe? I Wonder where he got that one! I have silent gas passing. Ha Ha


2. He throws his food out of the cage daily (I have a close relationship with my vacuum now).


3. He follows me around the house like a dog. Talk about separation anxiety.


4. He has become airborne again, I recently had to try to throw my hands up in the air and move them around frantically while trying guide him away from the stove when he took flight. Poor thing, I thought he was going to end up in the frying pan with the chicken I was cooking!




5. He yells "Whatca Doing" at least 25 times a day. Yes, I answer him!


6. He mimics the smoke detector every time I go near the stove. Hmmm, wonder what the neighbors think about my cooking.


7. He barks like the dog, meows like the cats and mumbles something under his breath that I can't for the life of me figure out what he is saying. It drives me crazy, but I'm thinking I really don't want to know what it is he's saying.


8. I constantly have to say "Get Back Up There" in my angry voice every time he attempts to get off his cage, which he has learned to say therefore; he now has the ability to discipline himself so I don't have to all the time.


9. I promise, it is just a matter of time before he learns the words "You're Ticking Me Off".


10. Last be not least, I can't even have a phone conversation with my sister. He gets all excited thinking I'm talking to him. That's when he says everything he knows! All 200+ words. Lord, please help us. I just want some quite time!!!






Don't get me wrong, I love my bird! I just wish he had some respect for the rest of us birdbrains that live in this house.


Ollie pleeeese be a good boy!


No comments: